March 1, 2023, 7:30 pm

Minutes for WSC Board Meeting

March 1, 2023, 7:30 pm

City Hall

  1. Call to Order:  Nikki makes a motion to begin meeting at 7:43 pm, Shamus seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
    1.  Attendance: Joe and Julie Bradley, Shamus Moore, Skylar Rigsby, Ray and Kim Long, Gabe Ferrell, Amanda Currier, Dustin Michaels and Chris and Nikki Schmitz
  2. Start of Meeting
    1. Previous Minutes
    2. Financial Reviews
      1. $43,658.77 current balance (will add about $3,000 so balance will be about $46,000)
      2. Nikki makes a motion to approve previous financials, Shamus seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
    3. Outstanding Balances
      1. Accountant will write a letter to the IRS about the penalty they are charging due to late filing.
      2. GotSport- owe about$163
  3. Chamber of Commerce
    1. $200 per year for non-profit organizations
      1. Promote our organization
        1. Dustin makes a motion to join chamber, Shamus seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
  4. TOPSoccer
    1. Schedule
      1. Friday, March 31st , April 13th, April 28th and May 12th from 6:30-7:30
    2. Volunteers
      1. There is a place to register on the website
        1. Google forms
        2. Days that you can and can’t work
    3. Registration forms
      1. There is a place to register on the website
  5. Website/Communication
    1. Check it over and let Jonathan know about any errors
  6. Exploration Committee
    1. Registration
      1. Chris and Nikki are checking out alternate avenues
      2. Demosphere – like GotSport
      3. Google Forms can be a back-up for building teams and performing other tasks
    2. Facility
      1. Erin Hinton will investigate facility improvements/safety
        1. Connex for storage
          1. Approximately $2,600 for a 10 x 20
          2. Meet with Mike to see if we can set a temporary storage unit
          3. Skylar makes a motion to purchase a temporary storage unit for up to $4,000, Chris seconds
          4. Joe would like Skylar to put a proposal together to present to the city to expand the existing building
        2. Dirt
          1. Fill holes
        3. Lights
          1. Adjusted
          2. Timers
        4. Mowing
          1. Schedule
    3. Tournament
      1. Dustin and Amanda are looking at ways to promote our tournaments
        1. Reach out to Alva, Enid, Woodward, etc.
    4. Banquet
      1. Julie and Skylar will help organize a banquet for current and potential donors
    5. Rules
      1. Shamus and Julie will work on improving tournament rules
  7. Referee
    1. Ref Clinic- May 18
      1. Will help the referees become certified and younger refs to receive training
        1. 8-12 classroom, 12-? Field/hands on with signaling and whistle blowing
      2. Ray makes a motion to purchase up to $200 of food for the refs, Skylar seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
    2. Rules update
      1. No drop kicks or punts in Futsal
      2. Clinton and Elk City
        1. Encourage them to follow same rules and to use game cards
        2. Fields numbered and marked
        3. Adequate number of refs per game/age group
    3. Tournaments
      1. Sporting is having a tournament soon if any refs want to go
    4. Evaluation
      1. Have Callum help Amanda with evaluating refs
  8. Coaching Education
    1. United Soccer Coaching Foundation 1, 2, 3
      1. Adam Kenes or another instructor
        1. $50/participant for about 4hours
          1. See if we can get sponsors to help pay for the participants
        2. 10-15 participants
        3. Google form prior to coaches’ meeting as an interest inventory
    2. Barcelona
      1. Training
        1. 6-8 player side games
    3. Technique App
      1. Coaches can see what the kids are working on
        1. Players check in via the app
      2. Can be individual fee or club fee
    4. Mojo
  9. Competitive
    1. Update
      1. U13 had to get new uniforms because the others were discontinued
      2. Shamus makes a motion to gain board approval before we use any sponsor logo on anything associated with WSC (uniforms, equipment, etc.), Ray seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
    2. Tryouts
      1. June 2nd and/or 3rd 
    3. Camp in May
    4. Coaches
      1. Gabe U12 boys
      2. Dustin, Clint and Marshall for U12 Girls?
      3. D License- supposed to be working towards it within a year
  10. Recreational
    1. Concession
      1. Gabe and Jennifer will work on concession and Chris and Nikki will help
    2. Medals
      1. Medals are ordered
    3. Photos
      1. Newspaper photographer reached out and is willing to take photos at all our home games
        1. Maybe have a QR code or order form for coaches to have team photos or to allow parents to order
    4. Field prep
      1. Nets
        1. Clips on nets
      2. Flags
        1. Magnetic flags
          1. $1,000 for flags (allotted)
      3. If you go out and work, send in the GroupMe what you did
        1. Joe will get a list together
      4. Goals (PEVO)
        1. Chris makes a motion for 4 PEVO channel series goals for $9,000, Nikki seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
      5. Coaches
        1. Assigning people to call coaches per age group
          1. U12 Skylar- boys
          2. U10 Dustin and Amanda
          3. U8 Joe and Julie
          4. U6 Ray and Kim
        2. Deadline is Sunday to get coaches
        3. Meeting Wednesday, March 8 at 7:30 at City Hall
      6. Age groups
        1. Will make it work with U13s and where the teams can still go to tournaments if they choose and those players can still play in western OK league
  11. Academy
    1. Start date March 20th (U8) and March (14th) U 10
  12. Futsal
    1. Adults
      1. 2 groups
        1. Advanced and beginning groups
  13. State tournament
    1. Concession
      1. Hotdog warmer/cooker $240
      2. Popcorn machine $205
        1. Nikki makes a motion to purchase a hotdog warmer/cooker and popcorn machine for about $500, Amanda seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
    2. Things to order (added to above items)
      1. 66 Ink
        1. Feather flags for parking and concession- about $800
        2. Field map layout for tournament
        3. Driving direction yard signs- about 
      2. Parking
        1. On north side
          1. Enter in front of Futsal and exit at rodeo
        2. By field 1
          1. Enter from lark and exit behind softball fields
      3. Bumper walls for field separation
    3. Golf carts
      1. Checking to get 10 golf carts or gators rented
    4. Participation
      1. Projecting about 150 teams at tournament
        1. Projected revenue for city $340,745
        2. Ask hotel/motel for $15,000
  14. Adjournment- Gabe makes a motion to adjourn at 10:50, Kim seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
Share this:

Leave a Reply