May 4, 2022, 7:00 pm

Minutes for WSC Board Meeting

May 4, 2022, 7:00 pm

City Hall

  1. Call to Order:  Nikki makes a motion to begin meeting at 7:11 pm, Shamus seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
    1.  Attendance: Joe Bradley, Amanda Currier, Shamus Moore, Tisha TallBear, Petra Se, Sarah Shulz, Ray and Kim Long, and Chris and Nikki Schmitz
      1. Guest Claudia Wright
  2. Start of Meeting 
    1. Review of previous minutes
      1. Chris makes a motion to approve previous minutes, Petra seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
    2. Financial Review
      1. Current Balance $
  3. Balances to be reviewed
    1. Balances
      1. 66 Ink- paid
      2. OSA- owe ~$900 for tournament and then fees for Futsal
      3. Refs- Still have some outstanding
      4. Field painting (Joe 6 hours)
    2. 5013c status Filing/Audit
      1. Kim is going to meet with an appointment with an accountant (Rick Payne in Thomas) about how to proceed with financials
      2. Need to make amendments to By-Laws for positions and to add positions
  4. Spring 2022
    1. Recap
      1. Season went well
    2. Tournament Recap
      1. Tournament went well
    3. Photographer
      1. Danielle is finalizing photos and then will get with Jonathan about putting a link to order on website
    4. Rules
      1. Clear and concise rules posted and followed throughout the season
    5. Website photos
      1. Suggestion of posting photos on Facebook soon after tournament
  5. Fall 2022
    1. Schedule
    2. Registration
      1. Nikki makes a motion to order 2,000 postcards for Futsal, Ray seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
    3. Building rosters
    4. Photographer
      1. Montgomery Malone with WDN is interested in taking team photos and action shots at games
  1. Tournament
    1. Rules
      1. 3 game minimum
    2. Dates
      1. Sept. 23, 24, 25th
    3. Promotion
    4. Field Work/help
    5. Fees
      1. $75 fee and if OSA wants a bond then it could be $1,500
      2. Team registration cost
        1. $100 for U6 and U8, $175 for U10, $200 for U12, $250 for U14, $300 for U16
    6. Age groups
      1. U6 (mainly Weatherford)
      2. U8 18-20 teams
      3. U10 
      4. U12
      5. U14
      6. U16
  2. Futsal
    1. Futsal Balls
      1. Need to purchase 20 practice +6 game balls (1/2 size 3 and ½ size 4 in 2 different colors)
        1. Ray will check prices from Soccer USA and Joe is checking on Amazon
        2. Ray makes a motion to purchase Futsal balls at up to $25 each for 20 practice balls and up to $50 for 4-6 game balls and $250 for 2 metal rolling ball storage, Chris seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
      2. Rolling bin or cage for storage
    2. Futsal registration, scheduling
    3. By-laws, mission statement WSC Board
      1. Need to add that we will follow FIFA guidelines and USYS Futsal rules
      2. Check with lawyer or the By-laws to see if we need to make an amendment
    4. Training
      1. Alfredo H. Training
        1. Would like to host a camp with the possibility of a round robin sometime during the summer
          1. Speed training, etc
          2. Will charge a fee
          3. Proposed dates- July 28th, 29th and 30th 
          4. Need to make sure he has proof of insurance
          5. We will promote this time but want to see clubs from OKC come out as a result of the trainings
      2. Claudia Wright- would have trainings for free
        1. Trainings on Mondays and/or Tuesdays, 5:30-6:30 and 6:30-7:30
          1. Work on skills training 
        2. Games Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays
        3. Saturdays/Sundays – Adults or open
        4. Chris makes a motion to make Claudia Wright the Futsal Training Coordinator, Shamus seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
    5. Concession
      1. Amanda is going to check with Kiwanis about operating Futsal concession 
    6. Sarah makes a motion to make Tisha a Futsal Coordinator, Chris seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
  3. Top Soccer
    1. Melissa Jarvis will hopefully be here at the next meeting to start getting Top Soccer planned
  4. Website
    1. Need to add Q & A for Futsal
  5. Competitive and Academy
    1. Have some younger groups wanting to get be in Academy and play against other clubs
    2. May 31st will be beginning of tryouts for competitive – 2 weeknights and one weekend day during first part of June
  6. Referee Coordinator/Assignor
    1. Ray makes a motion to make Sarah Shulz the Ref Coordinator and Amanda the Ref Assignor, Nikki seconds, ALL IN FAVOR
      1. Possibly make it a paid position of $600 per season
    2. Assignor Course
      1. Need to get an Assignor certified
        1. Club will pay for the certification
    3. Referees
      1. Amanda mentioned singing up for “Handshake” in order to recruit college students
  7. Coaching Education
    1. Summer coaching education youth module
  8. Improvements
    1. Order more fold-a-goals for soccer fields
  9. Adjournment Nikki makes a motion to adjourn at 9:24, Sarah seconds, ALL IN FAVOR

Share this:

Leave a Reply