What is Required to participate?
U4, U6, U8
BALL SIZE: 3
GAME LENGTH: 4x10 minutes
# of players: 4v4
ball size: 4
game length: 2x25 minutes
# of players: 7v7
no headers & buildout line
ball size: 4
Game length: 2x30 minutes
# of players: 9v9
10 BENEFITS FOR PLAYING SOCCER
- Helps kids stay fit and healthy: Playing soccer is great exercise that improves cardiovascular health, increases coordination, improves strength and enhances flexibility.
- Involves teamwork: Soccer players have to work together as a team in order be successful. Teamwork is a skill needed to be successful in school, work and family!
- Improves gross motor skills: This is especially important for kids that are weak in this area. It helps strengthen core muscles which allows kids be more physically active thus more healthy!
- Boosts self-confidence and self-esteem: Playing a sport, such as soccer, helps kids gain confidence in themselves. They become more comfortable learning new things and performing in front of a crowd. Of course scoring a goal helps too!
- Increases social interactions: Since soccer is a team sport, it requires players to communicate through a variety of ways. Players also have to learn how to work together and communicate effectively in order to be successful.
- Increases concentration and focus: Playing soccer involves a great deal of focus and attention in order to be successful. Players need to always be aware and alert throughout the game or they will miss important plays and opportunities.
- Competition creates motivation and drive: When kids are motivated and driven, they become more successful students and adults.
- Involves work ethic and responsibility: Being an athlete requires a certain level of responsibility to your team, your coaches and yourself. Playing sports also requires a good work ethic or success will not be within reach.
- Promotes cognitive development: Playing soccer helps kids enhance their visual-spatial awareness as well as problem solving skills. The fast pace of soccer makes kids think quickly and respond. This improves cognitive flexibility.
- It’s fun! It is so important for kids to LOVE the sport they play. Soccer is fun and exciting which is why it is one the most popular sport in the world!