Coaching News & Tips
Recommendation for Coaching in Weatherford Soccer Club
1. Have fun and encourage a fun learning environment
2. No sprints or running without a ball (unless working speed work)
- The game will develop fitness
3. Minimize standing in lines (unless you have rest to work ratio)
4. Encourage technical development (Do not sacrifice wins over technical development and long term development)
5. Let the game be the teacher, teach in the run of the game.
6. Focus on a topic during practice session
7. Suggested practice plan
- Warm-up (Individual skill work) 10-15 min.
- Small sided game 10 min
- Small sided game increase with challenge 10 min (optional)
- Expanded small sided game 10-15 min
- Game 15 min