Coaching TipsHelpful Tips
- Encourage them to be involved
- Teach them to follow instructions
- Basic Movements
- Introduction to using all parts of the foot and develop basic moves
- Beginning to instill rules of the game
- Keep it simple with terminology while coaching
- Have FUN!!
- Foot Control
- Teach to follow instructions
- Start understanding the rules of the game
- Keep coaching terminology simple
- Introduction to spacing awareness
- Must Have FUN!!
- Being involved and part of a team. Introduction to team focused activities
- Introduction to position and playing shape within the team for attack along with defense
- Understanding roles of each player on the team.
- Expanding technique developing ball control, moves, passing, trapping, and shooting
- Start to under stand when to defend, transition, and get forward into attack
- Continue learning rules of the game
- Final preparation leading to competitive game of soccer or continue having fun in current leage
- Mastering all basic techniques of the game dribbling, moves, passing, trapping, and shooting.
- Body control
- Team Focus
- Work on decision making